Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Bottle Rockets @ Lion's Lair, Denver CO, 2004-02-25


Been a big fan of the Bottle Rockets since the mid 90s when I heard the albums  "24 Hours A Day " and "The Brooklyn Side".  I had never seen them before this 2004 show though.  And never again as it turns out.  The Lion's Lair was a perfect place to see them for the first time.  My buddies in the Foggy Mountain Fuckers opened up the show.   

Brian Henneman was plagued with technical issues that effected his guitar mix oddly at the beginning of the set in a few places.  Him and the Lion's Lair sound guy try a few things to get it fixed to no avail.  The band had gone off the road in Wyoming the night before.  No one got hurt and the van remained upright but Brian thinks maybe one of his pedals got damaged in the indecent.  He removes it from the chain and soldiers on.  Mid set he realizes that the problem all along was a loose outlet on the Lion's Lair stage.  He is so happy.  The band handled it like the pros they are.  

I did edit out multiple minutes in between some songs at the beginning of the set while they were  working it out.  No one needed to hear that.  Brian was very frustrated.  That was the big reason I sat on this for so long.  I didn't want to post up someone having their worst day.    After being on a Bottle Rockets vinyl kick recently I decided to revisit this and loved the performance and was surprised at how much I liked the board mix I captured.  Not all vocals and kick drum.  Lots of guitar up in the mix and even if they were having a bad day they play the hell out of these songs.  Amazing 24 song setlist.  Wow!  I figured 20 years was long enough to sit on this.  Enjoy.


The Bottle Rockets

Lion's Lair
Denver CO (USA)
2004-02-25

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: SBD > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > AAE-9 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (94:25.42)

01 - intro -
02 Pretty Little Angie 
03 Gas Girl 
04 Kit Kat Clock 
05 Baby's Not My Baby Tonight 
06 Lonely Cowboy 
07 Lucky Break 
08 Man of Constant Anxiety 
09 Baggage Claim 
10 I Wanna Come Home 
11 Alone in Bad Company 
12 Get Down, River 
13 Blue Sky 
14 Indianapolis
15 Cartoon Wisdom 
16 Hey Moon 
17 When I Was Dumb 
18 Love Like a Truck 
19 Queen of the World 
20 Waitin' on a Train 
21 I.D. Blues
22 I'll Be Comin' Around 
23 Radar Gun 
24 - encore -
25 Pot of Gold 
26 Thousand Dollar Car 


No comments:

Post a Comment