Saturday, October 31, 2020

Black Lamb @ Bluebird, Denver CO, 2002-10-31





I'm going to wrap up the October posts with a show I saw on Halloween.  With as many shows as I have seen and recorded I was thinking there had to be a few that I recorded on 10/31 but it turns out I only have one.

Back in 2002 I caught Black Lamb, Bleed, and Zen Guerrilla at the Bluebird on a cold Halloween night.   I had seen Zen Guerrilla before an thought they were killer but on this night it was a bit of a train wreck.  I don't think I will be sharing that one with the wider world.  I don't remember a thing about Bleed so I decided to post a long time favorite of mine Black Lamb.  

Listening back to this I think the stole the show.  They were sounding tight and heavy.  Looking good in their rock star Halloween costumes.  Riffs upon riffs upon riffs.  Black Lamb was top of their class in Denver hard rock back then.  So good.

So here is their Halloween set from 2002 that me and my friend Chapper recorded.  Enjoy.


Black Lamb

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2002-10-31

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx & Chapper
Source: Microtech Gefell m300s > Sonosax SX-M2 > DAT D7 > Sharp 722 MD
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (42:38.42)


01 Born and Razed
02 Muddy River Bottom Girl
03 Primer Nova
04 - band intro -
05 Fool's Gold
06 - interlude -
07 Walk With Me
08 Widowmaker
09 Pillar Of Salt
10 - interlude -
11 Today

No comments:

Post a Comment