Thursday, August 10, 2023

Cheap Trick @ Ball Arena, Denver CO, 2023-08-01

 


Here is the Cheap Trick opening set from the Rod Stewart show last week.  I had never seen Cheap Trick for some reason despite being a fan since childhood in the 70/80s.   I can't remember where I first heard them but I had a copy of the 1980 single " Everything Works If You Let It / Way Of The World" and I remember them being on the soundtrack to the 1979 coming of age movie "Over The Edge".

Over The Edge deserves a little side note.  This is a pretty wild movie that was filmed in Colorado.  Location were up in Greeley for the school scenes and down by Cherry Creek Reservoir for the rest.  Great rock n roll sound track and some fun rowdy dialog that I loved as a kid.  Matt Dylan's first movie roll as well.

As expected Cheap Trick's set is mostly all the hits but we get a song from their 2021 album even.  Fun show and I would see them again for sure.  Now I just need a time machine to go back and see them in their heyday.   Enjoy.


Cheap Trick

Ball Arena
Denver CO (USA)
2023-08-01

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 C > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Run time: (49:19.62)

01 Big Eyes (fades in)
02 Ain't That A Shame (Fats Domino)
03 Light Up The Fire
04 Downed #
05 Stop This Game
06 - bass solo -
07 I Know What I Want
08 The Flame
09 I Want You To Want Me
10 Dream Police
11 Surrender
12 Goodnight

# Robin Taylor Zander on lead vocals


No comments:

Post a Comment