Thursday, October 12, 2023

The Dwarves @ Lion's Lair, Denver CO, 2004-11-20

 

I had a request for a trade for this show recently.  I hadn't listened to it since I recorded it probably.  I had it listed as being at the Bluebird, but upon listening it sure didn't sound like the Bluebird.  Then I did a little search and found this Khun poster and remembered that this was another Dwarves Lion's Lair show.

The Dwarves are releasing a new "concept" album soon.  If the songs are about, drugs, sex, and how great Blag / The Dwarves are then it doesn't sound like much a a departure from any of their other albums.  This new one is supposed to have songs from multiple musical genres.  I'm looking forward to hearing it.

They are also opening up for Bad Religion at the big Mission Ballroom in Denver tonight.  I'm tempted to go but I'm not sure that is going to happen.  Would be a fun show no doubt.

Sound is pretty decent and there is a lot of crowd interaction right up front.  The setlist is chock full of the hits too.  Fun night from what I can recall about it almost 20 year out.  Enjoy.



The Dwarves

Lion's Lair
Denver CO (USA)
2004-11-20

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 C > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3
Transfer: JB3 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Run time: (35:20.05)

01 - intro -
02 Dominator
03 Fefu
04 I Will Deny
05 Everybodies Girl
06 Like You Want
07 Relentless
08 Salt Lake City
09 Anybody Out There
10 Way Out
11 Downey Junior
12 Fuck 'Em All
13 The Dwarves Must Die
14 How It's Done
15 Back Seat of My Car
16 Detention Girl
17 Astro Boy
18 We Must Have Blood
19 Blag The Ripper
20 Unrepentant
21 - outro -


No comments:

Post a Comment