Friday, March 5, 2021

Wovenhand @ Gothic Theatre, Englewood CO, 2001-10-13

 

I'm pretty certain that this is the 1st ever public performance of David Eugene Edwards post 16 Horsepower band Wovenhand.   16 Horsepower was still an active band at this time and continued on until 2005 or so.

As with many 16 HP and Wovenhand Colorado shows over the years this served as a warm up date for a run of European shows.  This version of Wovenhand was just David and Daniel McMahon.  Both playing multiple instruments.   At this show they opened up for Denver band The Czars.

I was thinking about this show the other day and was wondering if my memory of my recording match the actual recording.  I had recalled it was pretty good if quiet.   After almost 20 years since I listened to it my memory was correct.

I think this sounds pretty nice.  Clear vocals and a very respectful crowd.  The setlist has songs that appeared on the 1st Wovenhand album and a couple of 16 Horsepower songs.  

I know I traded this out on CDR at the time so there are copies out there.  This is a fresh transfer from my master though.  Cleaned up and newly tracked and tagged. Enjoy.


Wovenhand

Gothic Theatre
Englewood CO (USA)
2001-10-13

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (38:30.06) 

01 Blue Pail Fever
02 The Good Hand 
03 Black Soul Choir (16 Horsepower)
04 Wooden Brother
05 Glass Eye
06 Story and Pictures
07 My Russia 
08 Straw Foot (16 Horsepower)

At this show Wovenhand was David Eugene Edwards and Daniel McMahon

No comments:

Post a Comment