Saturday, October 30, 2021

Rocket From The Crypt @ The Starlight, Ft Collins CO, 2001-07-18

 

I was thinking about Rocket From the Crypt recently.  I read that they were having a special Halloween show in San Diego this year.  Some kind of 3D spooktacular.   No doubt it was a super fun event.  I miss seeing them live so that they are still getting out and playing does my heart good.

It got me to thinking about they times that I have seen them and which recording I have shared.  I remembered that I have never posted this 2001 set from The Startlight in Fort Collins Colorado.

It was a hot, hot, July night and John Reis mentions that fact multiple times and about how the crowds bad body odor is affecting the the tuning of their guitars and the sound of the amps.  He recommends that one gentleman in the crowd "meets my friend soap".   It was mostly jokes but I'm sure it was rip in that place that night.

John also mentioned that it was their first time in town but I have a RFTC recording from a show in Ft Collins from way back in 1993.

Wretch Like Me and Bill the Welder opened up for this show.  

Sound pretty good I think.  Nice clear vocals and nothing is blown out.  Enjoy.


Rocket From The Crypt

The Starlight
Ft Collins CO (USA) 
2001-07-18

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (63:16.40) 

01 Straight American Slave
02 Carne Voodooo
03 Middle
04 Born In 69
05 The Dropout
06 Dick On A Dog
07 Sturdy Wrists
08 Panic Scam
09 Made For You
10 Venom Venom
11 SOS
12 Boychucker
13 Don't Darlene
14 Glazed
15 Heart Of A Rat
16 On A Rope
17 When In Rome
18 - encore -
19 Ditch Digger
20 If The Birds Could Fly


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Would love to hear that show from 93 if that's possible.

    Pretty great set list for the Halloween show
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rocket-from-the-crypt/2021/the-observatory-north-park-san-diego-ca-5b8a9f28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 3D Halloween RFTC show looked super cool. Not sure I'm going to post the 93 show. It's pretty rough. I could send it to you if you really want to hear it.

      Delete