Thursday, May 5, 2022

Mudhoney @ HQ, Denver CO, 2022-05-03

 




I first saw Mudhoney on a bonkers bill in 1992 at Redrocks Amphitheater.  They played after Pavement, then Sonic Youth and Primus headlined.  I'm sure I was a fan by then.  I have this funny memory of my first wife really hating their song "Into The Drink" and the video for it.  Caught them again in 1993 opening for Pearl Jam along with Urge Overkill.  I try to never miss them.

Was super excited when the announced a date at HQ in my neighborhood.  HQ is where the beloved Three Kings Tavern was.  It certainly isn't the same but the shows that are getting booked into that space are hard to pass up.  Wasn't going to miss this one.

The grunge label kind of diluted what Mudhoney always was and continues to be.  A punk rock band at heart.  Certainly the put their own unique stamp on it.  Just look at the set list.  A lot of pointed punk rock statement pieces in there.  With so many songs in their catalog your never going to hear every song that you would hope to at one of their shows.  But this set felt pretty close to perfection.  Thanks Mudhoney.  That was cathartic.  Enjoy.


Mudhoney

HQ
Denver CO - (USA)
2022-05-03

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > M10 
Transfer: M10 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (90:57.39)

01 When Tomorrow Hits
02 In 'n' Out of Grace
03 Hey Neanderfuck
04 Inside Job
05 Nerve Attack
06 The Farther I Go
07 Prosperity Gospel
08 Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More
09 Good Enough
10 Judgement, Rage, Retribution and Thyme
11 Touch Me I'm Sick
12 Vortex of Lies
13 Suck You Dry
14 Creeps Are Everywhere
15 Next Mass Extinction
16 F.D.K. (Fearless Doctor Killers)
17 Oh Yeah
18 I'm Now
19 Paranoid Core
20 Chardonnay
21 21st Century Pharisees
22 One Bad Actor
23 - encore -
24 You Got It
25 If I Think
26 Here Comes Sickness


4 comments:

  1. It was my first time seeing them. I'm a fan, but didn't have a clue how amazing these guys are live. Top-level, mind-blowing experience as good as any other to which I've had the privilege of bearing witness. Cathartic, indeed.

    Thanks, once again, for your effort in capturing and sharing this, man. I also remember someone saying that night they didn't play #10, but alas \m/ (-_-) \m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing as I'm sitting here listening to it ... excellent job, dude. Sounds great!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Glad your enjoying it. I think it was me that was saying that they didn't play #10. Doh!

      Delete
    3. I didn't mention anyone specifically, but glad you remember the conversation ... lol

      Was great having a chance to chat at Kings ... err uh, HQ (my first time back since). I'll be around more, for sure!

      Delete