Thursday, May 2, 2024

Iggy Pop @ The Palace, Los Angeles CA, 1986-11-03

 



I got a 2nd box of tapes from my friend Randy late last year.  More recordings his friend Kat had made in the 80s-90s.  I transferred them pretty quickly but that is the easy part.  Listening to all of them and doing any needed work to make them presentable if possible takes some time.

I've been digging in and had recalled that this Iggy show sounded pretty good.  The cassette was labeled Nov 2nd but Randy's recollection was that it was the Nov 3rd.  He looked for a ticket stub but didn't find it.  I was going under the assumption that this was the 2nd since it was written on the cassette.

Then as I was listening to the show and searching the net for any clues.  I found there are recordings of  1986-11-02 out there and they note that Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) comes out to play on Cry Of Love.
Fast forward to the end of my recording and Steve isn't introduced before Cry Of Love, as he is on the 11-02 recording, and they play an another Stooges song.  Down On The Street!!

Having proof now that this is a recording of November 3rd I look around for any recordings of this night and come up empty.  Setlist FM has the show listed but not setlist for the show.  I knew that this particular cassette master source hadn't been circulated ever before.  But it appears that no source of this night has been circulated.  That is pretty exciting.  Welcome to the world Iggy 1986-11-03.

Sound is pretty decent with a few cassette anomalies here and there.  I was looking at picture of the Palace and it is a big beautiful theatre in downtown LA.  I bet it would be a great place to see a movie. 
For a loud punk rock show you can here the ceiling.  It is what it is.  Vocals are nice an clear.  Enjoy.



Iggy Pop

The Palace
Los Angeles CA (USA)
1986-11-03

Recorded: Kat Georges
Transferred and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Panasonic RQ-J36 > cassette 
Transfer: cassette > PT-649D > AAE-9 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (91:28.08)

01 I Got a Right (The Stooges)
02 Gimme Danger (The Stooges) 
03 Some Weird Sin
04 Real Wild Child (Wild One) 
05 Sister Midnight
06 Baby, It Can't Fall
07 Blah-Blah-Blah
08 Nightclubbing
09 Fire Girl
10 Five Foot One
11 Shades
12 T.V. Eye (The Stooges)
13 Little Miss Emperor
14 China Girl
15 Hideaway
16 Winners & Losers
17 Isolation
18 Lust for Life
19 Raw Power (The Stooges)
20 Cry for Love
21 Down On the Street (The Stooges)


Kevin Armstrong - Guitars
Gavin Harrison - Drums
Phil Butcher - Bass
Seamus Beaghen - Keyboards


No comments:

Post a Comment