Thursday, September 19, 2024

Smashing Pumpkins @ Ogden Theatre, Denver CO, 1993-10-10


I was at this show and a massive Smashing Pumpkins fan in 1993.  Siamese Dream had dropped earlier that year and they just took off.  I had seen them on the Gish tour in Denver in 1991.  They played at the Denver Coliseum as part of a bill with Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam.  That show made me a fan.

Years later, at the end of the 90s or beginning of the aughts, while I was doing a ton a CDR trading I acquired this 1993 Smashing Pumpkins Ogden show recording.  I remembered it be good but it got filled away in the boxes.  Recently I made an effort to pull all of my own recording that I had on CDR and all other Colorado shows.  I rediscovered this one in that exercise and then it came up in conversation around the same time.  I had to get it posted on here.

I immediately ripped the CDRs to WAVs and revisited it.  I suspect that this might be another MarcR recording as I've seen sources for this show listed as audience DAT but there were a lot of tapers so who knows.  It is also posted on the LMA.    https://archive.org/details/tsp1993-10-10.flac16/

It is the same source as this but the tracking wasn't complete.  The posted comment says that this show is notable not only the first performance of Drown and also that they didn't play Cherub Rock.  That is incorrect.  It's just not split out as a track on the LMA post.  The play it after some banter that must have been encore break.  The CDR source fades out in a few spots where lulls were removed I think.  Amazing finally with Starla.  Best SP show I ever saw in retrospect.

I corrected some audio level issues and massaged it a little bit.  The vocals are nice and clear and during the quite parts it is quite nice.  I remember this show being super loud so during those parts it gets a little muddy.  Some of that is just due to the way that room sounded back then.  Very listenable I think and a hell of a setlist.  Enjoy.

Smashing Pumpkins   

Ogden Theater
Denver CO (USA)
1993-10-10

Recorded: ? - received in CDR trade in aughts
Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: ? - CDR
Transfer: CDR - EAC - WAVs - Adobe Audition - CDWave - FLAC 
Run time: (85:59.42)
 
01 Disarm 
02 Rocket 
03 Geek USA 
04 Drown 
05 Hummer 
06 Quiet 
07 Today 
08 I Am One 
09 Soma
10 Rhinoceros (soft version) 
11 Siva 
12 Silverfuck
13 - interlude -
14 Cherub Rock 
15 Starla 










No comments:

Post a Comment