Friday, September 6, 2024

The Briefs @ Bluebird Theatre, Denver CO, 2002-06-11

 





This had to have been the first time I saw the Briefs.  It might have been their first time in Denver too.  Not sure about that.  They opened up for The Queers.  This show made me a fan and I remain one today.  One of my very favorite bands.  A band that I own a copy of almost everything that they have released on vinyl.  Great songs, biting lyrics, tongue in cheek attitude.   

I caught another couple shows in the aughts.  A very memorable one at Climax Lounge (aka The Raven) where they came out wearing real fish as neckties.  They got tossed into the crowd who tossed them back.  It got really gross.

At this Bluebird show all the band members were wearing sexy police man costumes.  I think they might have bought them at the adult emporium that was next door to the Bluebird at the time.  They stood around acting like cops and vibeing people out.  It was pretty funny.  They carried on with that shtick on stage.  Promising not to arrest anyone.  Good fun.  They still play around a little bit and put out a great new album in 2019.  I would see them again in a heart beat.  Enjoy.



The Briefs

Bluebird Theatre
Denver CO (USA)
2002-06-11

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's - Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 - AAE-9 - Audition - CDWave - FLAC
Time: (28:21.74) 

01 - intro instrumental -
02 She's Abrasive
03 Silver Bullet
04 Poor and Weird
05 Run The Other Way
06 Medication
07 Knife
08 C'mon Squash Me Like A Bug
09 Rotten Love
10 I'm A Raccoon
11 Where Did He Go?
12 Sylvia
13 This Age


No comments:

Post a Comment