Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Guidance @ 3 Kings Tavern, Denver CO, 2019-12-21



The Guidance opened up She Wants Revenge at 3 Kings Tavern at the end of 2019.  2 piece electronic dance music with a live drummer.  The main guy Stefan Pruett and the drummer both wore neon ski masks the whole set.  It was dancey but with a rock flavor.  Not me normal cup of tea but it was high energy and Stefan's interactions with the crowd and general fun positive vibe won me over enough that bought a shirt from him after their set.  It did hurt that there were skulls on it.

In one of his songs "She Like The Dance Music" he rattles off a bunch of DJs and band names to answer the question of 'What have you been listening to lately?'  in a way reminiscent of LCD Sound-system's song "Losing My Edge".  I got to talk with Stefan for a bit when I bought my shirt and talked to him about what I had been listening too at the time.  He was friendly personable dude and was more than happy to talk music with me.

Last month I heard that he passed away due to a heart condition.  There is some more info here.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/06/17/remembering-stefan-pruett-phoenix-musician-peachcake-the-guidance/3203749001/

When I saw the news I went back and listened to this recording and thought it sounded pretty good and Stefan's interactions with the crowd are kind of funny and sweet.  I figured maybe some of his friends or fans might enjoy hearing it.   So here you go. 


The Guidance

3 Kings Tavern
Denver CO (USA)
2019-12-21

Recorded and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Adobe Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Run time: (24:27.20)

01 Heaven
02 Next Time
03 Get It
04 All Alone
05 Overs
06 She Likes The Dance Music

No comments:

Post a Comment