Saturday, July 4, 2020

Steve Earle @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 2002-03-07



I hadn't listened to this in years and years.  I had forgotten what an amazing show this was.  Steve solo for just over 2 hours.  It's a Steve Earle master class.

He starts off with a great story and then into the songs.  Quite the song selection for this night too.  So many great tunes.  He waxes poetic more than a few times giving context to many of the songs.  I believe that this might be the first public performance of John Walker's Blues.  Steve intros it by talking about how he wasn't going to play it.

Amazingly quite and respectful crowd.  I was about 10 feet back from the front this night.  You can barely hear anyone but Steve during his songs.   In-between songs the cheers were deafening.  I took some extra time to really crank down the dbs in those areas to make this a much more enjoyable listen.  Really proud of this capture.  Enjoy.

Steve Earle

Fox Theater
Boulder CO (USA)
2002-03-07

Recorded and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (130:53.32) 

01 -rules for folk singers-
02 Baby Let Me Follow You Down (Eric Von Schmidt)
03 Steve's Last Ramble
04 Tom Ames' Prayer
05 My Old Friend The Blues
06 Someday
07 South Nashville Blues
08 Cocaine Cannot Kill My Pain
09 Now She's Gone
10 Goodbye
11 -Lewis And Clark-
12 You Know The Rest
13 Valentine's Day
14 Tanney Town
15 -Schertz Texas-
16 Hometown Blues
17 More Than I Can Do
18 Devils Right Hand
19 - Mance And Lightning -
20 So Different Blues (Mance Lipscomb)
21 Limosene Blues (Lightning Hopkins)
22 Ellis Unit One
23 -death penalty-
24 John Walker's Blues
25 Lungs (Townes Van Zandt)
26 The Mountain
27 I Ain't Ever Satisfied
28 - encore -
29 If I Should Fall From Grace With God (Shane MacGowan)
30 Transcendental Blues
31 - Christmas In Washington intro -
32 Christmas In Washington
33 Copperhead Road

No comments:

Post a Comment