Tuesday, December 14, 2021

16 Horsepower @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 2001-04-27

 

Here is another 16 Horsepower show.  This time it is a 2001 performance at the Fox Theatre in Boulder Colorado.  Devotchka opened up for then at this show who have gone on to get much much bigger.

The setlist is heavy on material from Secret South but includes a few old numbers as well.  They close out the set with a really cool Joy Division cover.

I always thought the Fox sounded great and I think that really comes though on this recording compared to the big boomy Ogden from the last post.

I'm sure I traded this out on CDR back in the day.   This is a fresh transfer from the masters.  Newly adjusted, tracked, and tagged.  I consider it an upgrade to the original release.  Enjoy.


16 Horsepower

Fox Theatre
Boulder CO (USA)
2001-04-27

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audacity > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (74:12.29)

01 American Wheeze (fades in)
02 I Seen What I Saw 
03 Wayfaring Stranger
04 Cinder Alley
05 Straw Foot
06 Clogger
07 Harm's Way
08 Poor Mouth
09 Haw
10 Burning Bush
11 Splinters
- encore -
12 Silver Saddle
13 Phyllis Ruth
14 Twenty-Four Hours (Joy Division)


No comments:

Post a Comment