Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Fantômas @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 2004-04-14

 


Mike Patton has this to say about this 2004 tour.  When asked recently by Billboard.com if FANTOMAS will perform their recently released third album, "Delirium Cordia", in its entirety on the upcoming trek, Patton said, "No, we won't play the whole thing. I did design one set where we never play loud. It is basically just going to be little small islands you swim to in the middle of the swamp. It is going to be drone city, baby. We are, for the most part, going to lean really heavy on this ambient stuff, and we are going to basically set up to bore people to tears."

It maybe was a frantic as some Fantômas shows I had seen previously but I wouldn't call it "drone city".  They did mix in many parts of Delirium Cordia through out.  Making this a very difficult show to track.  I'm still not 100% sure I got it right.  I believe that their might be a few more parts from the as then unreleased "Suspended Animation" album mixed into the Delirium Cordia excerpts.

The Fox always sounded great and yet again these old CSBs did a fine job capturing this show.
I must have traded this out on CDR or maybe an early torrent.  Not sure.

This version is a new transfer from my MD master.  Cleaned up, and tracked and tagged anew.
Enjoy


Fantômas

Fox Theatre
Boulder CO (USA)
2004-04-14

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audacity > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (61:38.65)


01 Night of the Hunter (intro) Cape Fear
02 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
03 04/07/05 Thursday
04 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
05 Page 1
06 Page 2
07 Page 3
08 Page 4
09 Page 5
10 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
11 Vendetta
12 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
13 Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
14 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
15 Page 27
16 Page 28 - Page 29
17 Page 11
18 Page 25
19 Delirium Cordia (excerpt)
20 Page 14 (with Agata from Melt Banana)
21 Der Golem

2 comments:

  1. I was there! Sounds great! May have been the last time I have been to the Fox in 18 years?! I live in Longmont, there's no excuse. I even heard my voice when I said shut up to all the drunks yelling in the 2nd to last song. A trip back in time-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I haven't been to the Fox in forever. They just stopped booking shows there that I wanted to see. Shame too as it is a great sounding room.

    ReplyDelete