Sunday, March 27, 2022

The Dwarves @ Lions Lair, Denver CO, 2000-06-13

 









(photo credit to James Bryant)

I just finished reading Vadge Moore's book "My Life With The Dwarves: How I Drank, Fought & F**ked My Way Around The World" not long ago.  Got me thinking about all the times I saw the Dwarves.  Vadge doesn't talk about this specific show in his book but the Lions Lair is mentioned.  Along with lots of crazy antics and good stories.

I saw the Dwarves multiple times at the Lion's Lair but looking through my archive I guess I only recorded them this one time.  The above flyer and photos are from different nights then this recording.  The photos are within a year or two of my recording.  They do a good job of illustrating what the Lion's Lair layout used to look like when the stage was right behind the bar.  

The show and this recording are rough around the edges for sure so it is what it is.  Fun enough listen I think.  I had this on my CDR trade list back in the day so I may have traded it out some.  This is a fresh transfer from the master.  Newly cleaned up and tracked and tagged.  Enjoy.


The Dwarves

Lions Lair
Denver CO (USA)
2000-06-13

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (30:43.34) 

01 - intro -
02 Backseat Of My Car
03 Way Out
04 I Will Deny
05 Everybodies Girl
06 Astro Boy
07 How It's Done
08 Anybody Out There
09 Fucked Em' All
10 Drug Store
11 Act Like You Know
12 River City 
13 The Dominator
14 Blag The Ripper
15 Unrepentant
16 Dairy Queen
17 - denouement - 

No comments:

Post a Comment