Sunday, November 20, 2022

Melvins @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 2001-05-07

 

Melvins were on tour for the Electroretard album.  Kevin Rutmanis was on bass still.  They opened up with an abbreviated version of "Colossus of Destiny" which they released later that year as a stand alone album featuring a live recording of an extended noise experimental set they recorded in 1998.  My recording fades in on it so I must have missed the beginning.  It's not nearly as torturous at that album.  

Hell of a setlist for this performance.  I think I might have some how missed the last two songs.  Setlist FM has Hung Bunny and Roman Bird Dog listed as being played last on this night.  That might be the case but since it was over 20 years ago now I don't recall.

Melvins were/are taper friendly and the Fox Theatre always was so my friend Tom and I ran a tall stand in the great sounding Fox and I think this came out really nice.  Enjoy.


Melvins

Fox Theatre
Boulder CO (USA)
2001-05-07

Recorded by: Tom Chaffin & SxPxDxCx
Presented by: SxPxDxCx
Source: Microtech Gefell m300s > Sonosax SX-M2 > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (72:03.54)

01 Colossus of Destiny
02 Eye Flys
03 Oven
04 Anaconda
05 Second Coming (Alice Cooper)
06 Ballad of Dwight Fry (Alice Cooper)
07 Halo of Flies (Alice Cooper)
08 At the Stake
09 Let It All Be
10 Amazon
11 AMAZON
12 Cherub (Butthole Surfers)
13 The Bit
14 Night Goat
15 With Teeth
16 Whipping Post (The Allman Brothers)
17 Youth of America (Wipers)



No comments:

Post a Comment