Friday, February 10, 2023

Drag The River @ The Clubhouse, Tempe AZ, 2004-02-05

 






One one hand this doesn't seem that long ago but so much has changed in the almost 20 years since I went to this show.  Back in 2004 I was such a big Drag The River fan that I saw they were opening for Throw Rag, another favorite, down in Tempe Arizona that I drove all the way down there to catch it.

The Throw Rag set is here  THROW RAG

Back in 2004 and the early aughts DTR played out a lot.  These days Jon and Chad are pretty much doing their own things and hope of a DTR show is pretty slim.  Though they did play at someone's wedding last year.  So never say never I guess.  

I believe that they had just put out Chicken Demos CD.  Jon talks about having something new but doesn't name it.  Since this was a opening set it only clocks in at just over 30 minutes.  Which as DTR shows go is really short.   This was short but sweet.  They squeeze a bunch of good songs into that time.

I have posted some other DTR shows but I had lost track of this one in all my minidisc masters.  Last year I went through all off them.  Got them organized and transferred so I have access to everything.  I rediscovered this gem and a bunch of others.   

This recording is a board feed.  Vocals are front and center but the rest of the mix isn't bad  I've enjoyed revisiting this one a lot this week.  I hope you dig it.


Drag The River

The Clubhouse
Tempe AZ (USA)
2004-02-05

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: SBD > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > AAE-9 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (31:42.44) 

01 Cousins
02 Dirty Lips
03 Columbus Stockade Blues (Willie Nelson)
04 Calloused Heart #2
05 Brookfield
06 Mars Motors (Pinhead Circus)
07 Tomorrow Morning
08 She Thinks I Still Care (George Jones)
09 Barroom Bliss
10 Me & Joe Drove Out To California...
11 Trainwreck


No comments:

Post a Comment