Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Obituary @ Ogden Theatre, Denver CO, 2006-05-20

 

Obituary have a kick ass new album out called Dying of Everything.  Right up there with the best stuff they have ever done.  If you're a death metal fan you need to check it out.  Obituary are the masters of this style.  All Hail!

It got me to thinking about all the time over the years that I have seen Obituary.  Going back to the first time in 1990 when I saw them as part of the openers for Sacred Reich.  Cause Of Death hasn't dropped yet but they must have played some songs from it.  I can't recall.  They blew me away though and have been a fan ever since.  I also recall PIT Magazine out of Colorado Springs sending me a promo cassette around this time.

Today I am posting my 2006 recording of Obituary live at the Ogden Theatre in Denver Colorado.  I've seen a post for this show that lists Cephalic Carnage opening.  But on this night the openers were To Be Eaten, Dead To Fall, and Nicaraguan Death Squad.  Obituary were on tour for their new album at the time 'Frozen In Time'.  They play some stuff from that and some older classics too.  Great band.

Obituary

Ogden Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2006-05-20

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > JB3 
Transfer: JB3 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (69:15.45)

01 - intro -
02 Redneck Stomp
03 On the Floor
04 Insane
05 Chopped in Half
06 Turned Inside Out
07 Threatening Skies
08 By the Light
09 Solid State
10 Back Inside
11 Find the Arise
12 Dying
13 Stand Alone
14 - encore -
15 drum Solo
16 Lockjaw
17 'Til Death
18 Slow Death
19 Slowly We Rot

No comments:

Post a Comment