Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Spirit World @ HQ, Denver CO, 2022-08-31

 

I first caught Spirit World opening up Obituary and Municipal Waste on the February 2022 Decibel Magazine tour at the Gothic.  I had heard some buzz about them but hadn't listened too them yet,  I made sure to get there early so that I didn't miss them.  Was an instant fan.  The country and western trappings put some people off but Spirit World goes hard.  Screamy vocals, with hardcore breakdowns and Slayer sounding riffs.  I dig it.   Live they are really high energy.  

They have a killer new album out called Death Western and I'm sure they will be out hitting the road hard to spread the word.  I look forward to catching them again.

This was a big show night for me.  Elder, Bezelbong, and Dreadnaught were across the street at Hi Dive and Spirit World, 200 Stab Wounds, and Creeping Death were at HQ.  I was able to record both shows since they are so close and while I mostly watched the Hi Dive show I caught some of everyone.  Fun night.


Spirit World

HQ
Denver CO (USA)
2022-08-31

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 C > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Run time: (31:08.69)

01 - intro -
02 Moonlit Torture
03 Comancheria
04 The Bringer of Light
05 Godless
06 Relic of Damnation
07 Unholy Passages
08 Ulcer
09 Lujuria Satánica
10 Pagan Rhythms

No comments:

Post a Comment