Friday, September 18, 2026

Acid Bath @ Red Rocks, Morrison CO, 2026-09-15

 






I totally missed the boat on these guys in the 90s.  I know I was aware of them but in that time you had to own a physical media to hear most anything underground.  After reading some of the press about their resurgence it sounds like CD distribution wasn't great and their management kind of screwed them over.  It wasn't until last year before their December Denver appearance that I really dug in and gave their material a good listen.  I'm sure I would have been into it had I heard it back in the day.

It can be really tough to get a nice recording at Red Rocks.  The wind will often make it sound not so good.  On this night we were blessed with almost perfect weather and getting there early I got a great place to record from.   This was a hell of a show with Cephalic Carnage, Windhand, Twin Tribes, & Ministy also on the bill.

This recording is a matrix of my recording and bluejane99's.  He did the work to combine these and I really like the result.  Enjoy.


Acid Bath

Red Rocks Amphitheater 
Morrison CO (USA)
2026-09-15

Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source 1
Recorded: bluejane99
Source: Olympus LS-P4 - wav
Location: 6th row, near center 
Source 2
Recorded: SxPxDxCx
Source: Sony A10 - wav
Location: center, next to sound booth 
Matrix by: bluejane99
Time: (61:51.33)


01 - intro - 
02 Tranquilized
03 Bleed Me an Ocean
04 Venus Blue
05 The Bones of Baby Dolls
06 Dead Girl (Agents of Oblivion)
07 The Mortician's Flame - Old Skin
08 New Death Sensation
09 Graveflower
10 Paegan Love Song
11 The Blue



No comments:

Post a Comment