Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Reverend Horton Heat @ (The World Famous) Lion's Lair, Denver CO 2005-01-08



I noticed  in my daily news feed that it's Elvis's birthday today.  That made me think of this Reverend Horton Heat show where I remembered him playing some Elvis songs.  I checked and sure enough this show was on Elvis's birthday 9 years ago.

I hung out at the Lion's Lair a lot back when I lived in Capital Hill.  The Rev had played there a few times.  I think it was also on this day that I was hanging out early when the band showed up.  I recall the drummer walking in and saying "Not this place again!".  He might not have loved the Lair but I always loved a RHH show at the Lair.

Instead of the same old stale set that you would see him play at the Ogden. He would bust out fun covers and older songs that he doesn't play very often.  Always a good time.

I pulled it out of the archive and I think it sounds pretty nice. Figured I'd share it.  Enjoy.

The Reverend Horton Heat

(The World Famous) Lion's Lair
Denver, CO (USA)
2005-01-08

Recorded & Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 (69Hz roll off) > JB3
Transfer: JB3 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC


01. - intro -
02. Happy Camper
03. Callin' In Twisted
04. Revival
05. Indigo Friends
06. I Can't Surf
07. Wiggle Stick
08. 400 Bucks
09. Race With The Devil
10. Jezebel
11. In Your Wildest Dreams
12. Bad Reputation
13. Party Mad
14. Big Little Baby
15. Thanks A Lot
16. Marijuana
17. Love Me (Elvis)
18. That's All Right Mama (Elvis)
19. - interlude -
20. If It Ain't Got Rhythm
21. Goin' Back Home
22. Lonesome Train Whistle
23. It's Martini Time
24. Bales of Cocaine
25. Devil's Chasing Me

 
LINK TO FLAC DOWNLOAD


No comments:

Post a Comment