Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Murder City Devils @ The Bluebird Theater, Denver CO 2001-10-21




I was a huge fan of the Murder City Devils from the first note of music that I heard.  I caught them every time they rolled through Denver back in the day.  This show was one of what they called their last tour ever.  I was bummed to say the least.  They were just getting going as a band I though.

Well the hiatus only lasted a few years.  They have never returned to be the road dogs that they once were but they started playing shows here and there and have released a 7" and a brand new album in recent years.

Still though no Denver shows. Until their return to the mile high city next week.  Maybe it's perfect that they haven't hit Denver for 13 years.  I'm beyond psyched.

If you were a fan back in the day and didn't know they were still at it.  Do your self a favor and check out their brand new album.

They keep this fairly updated with news.
http://www.themurdercitydevils.com/

I'm not sure why I never transferred this recording.  But in anticipation of their show on Monday the 10th at the Gothic I wanted to revist the very last time I saw the band.  Pretty nice sounding I think.  Enjoy

The Murder City Devils

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2001-10-21

Recorded and Mastered by: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 (Analog) > SBLive > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (53:55.10)

01 Bear Away
02 I Want A Lot Now (So Come On)
03 One Vision of May
04 That's What You Get
05 Midnight Service at the Mütter Museum
06 I Drink The Wine
07 Rum To Whiskey
08 Dancin' Shoes
09 Waltz
10 Idle Hands
11 18 Wheels
12 Dance Hall Music
13 Press Gang
14 Broken Glass
15 Grace That Saves


 
LINK TO FLAC DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment