Monday, April 4, 2016

Iggy Pop @ Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Denver CO 2016-04-02



I was intrigued when I heard Iggy Pop was doing an album with Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age.  I wasn't blown away when I heard the album.  I just didn't get a chance to digest it really.  When they announced the tour the ticket prices were a little steep for my expectations too.

Then two nights before the show I was offered an opportunity to go to the show so I jumped at it.  Glad I went.  Hearing the songs live really turned on the light bulb.  I need to go back and revisit it again after seeing them live.

Iggy always puts on a hell of a show and this was no exception.  With Josh Homme heading the backing band they were an unstoppable force.  The three guitar attack at the end of China Girl was freebirdesk in the best possible way.  And Repo Man was in the setlist!!!   Amazing.

I had a good center spot and the sound in the Opera House was spot on.  I think this turned out nice. Enjoy.

Iggy Pop

Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Denver, CO (USA)
2016-04-02

Recorded and Mastered by: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC
Run time: (112:32.38)


01 - intro -
02 Lust for Life
03 Sister Midnight
04 American Valhalla
05 Sixteen
06 In the Lobby
07 Some Weird Sin
08 Funtime
09 Tonight
10 Sunday
11 German Days
12 Mass Production
13 Nightclubbing
14 The Passenger
15 China Girl
16 - encore -
17 Break Into Your Heart
18 Fall in Love With Me
19 Repo Man
20 Baby
21 Chocolate Drops
22 Paraguay
23 Success
24 Gardenia

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment