Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Damned @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2001-10-07




I guess I'll keep going on the UK punk rocks shows in Denver during the aughts theme.

Here is The Damned at the Bluebird in 2001.  My first time seeing them.  Oh course they were fantastic.  Captain Sensible is super chatty this night.  Lots of the hits and some song from their new record at the time Grave Disorder.

During the time of this show I was Supersuckers fanatic.  The Supersuckers recorded a song called The Captain for their country record Must've Been High.  It's a not so flattering ode to Mr. Sensible about a time they tried to work together in the studio and it just didn't work out.

Being a cheeky little monkey I wore my orange Supersuckers shirt with a 100 proof evil sheriff's badge on the front to the show.   After the show The Damned were hanging out next to their rented RV signing stuff and talking to fans.  I joined in the small crowd and eventually asked The Captain if he would sign my shirt thinking it would be funny.  Suspecting that he might see it was a Supersuckers shirt and tell me to fuck off.  But nope.  He says "Sure mate".  Takes my sharpie pen and writes really big " Phil Collins Must DIE!   - Captain Sensible".  I look at it to see what he wrote and he goes "Pretty funny ye Mate".  Indeed Captain, indeed.

Most likely traded this out some on CDR but I don't think I ever torrented it.  This is a fresh transfer from the original masters.  An enjoyable listen I think.

The Damned

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2001-10-07

Recorded and Mastered SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 (Analog) > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (76:58.53) 

01 - intro -
02 Democracy?
03 New Rose
04 Song.com
05 Wait for the Blackout
06 - interlude -
07 Would You Be So Hot (If You Weren't Dead?)
08 Amen
09 13th Floor Vendetta
10 Neverland
11 Absinthe
12 Eloise (Paul Ryanr)
13 Thrill Kill
14 Neat Neat Neat
15 - encore chat -
16 She
17 Love Song
18 Disco Man
19 Smash it Up


LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment