Tuesday, December 18, 2012

16 Horsepower @ The Ogden, 2000-07-18

I picked up the brand new Wovenhand release, The Laughing Stalk, the other day at Wax Trax here in Denver.  What a nice packaging.  Really striking.  And the music is as good or better then anything they have ever done in my book.  Seriously worth checking out.

Upon my first listen I started kicking myself for not making it out to their recent Denver show.  From the reviews I read it was a great show.  I had no doubts that it was going to be but circumstances conspired against me and I couldn't make it.

That weekend got me thinking about the bands pedigree and how great 16 Horsepower was live.
I dug out my old master of my recording of their performance at the Ogden Theater in Denver way back on July 18th 2000.  It was the first time I had seen them.  I came a little late to the 16HP party.

Got to see them several other times.  Always a treat.

I traded this out a fair amount back in the, CDRs in the mail, trading days so it is possible that you have heard this.  This post is a fresh transfer from the original masters.  Hope you enjoy it.

16 Horsepower

Ogden Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2000-07-18

Recorded, Transferred,& Mastered by SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sharp 722 (Analog) > SBLive > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC > MP3
Time: (84:28.48)

01. Splinters
02. Praying Arm Lane
03. Strong Man
04. Wayfaring Stranger
05. Harm's Way
06. American Wheeze
07. Burning Bush
08. Poor Mouth
09. Straw Foot
10. Clogger
11. Silver Saddle
12. Flowers In My Heart
13. Cinder Alley
14. Low Estate
15. Black Soul Choir *
16. - encore break -
17. For Heaven's Sake

* fades in
.





No comments:

Post a Comment