Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slim Cessna's Auto Club live on the 16th Street Mall.





I worked for an awful company in downtown Denver at the time of this show.  It was during the original internet boom and this company was keeping two sets of books and juggling an eco-compliance company and a kids sporting goods website.  One day we came in and the boss told me that our pay checks were no good and to no bother to cash it.  I wasn't too surprised. It had been kind of shady for awhile.

This Slim Cessna's Auto Club show took place in the early afternoon on workday.  I went to lunch and my regular noon time and just didn't go back until after 2 or so.  Fuck that place.  Enough context let me tell you about the show.

In the yesterdays of the early 00's there used be a Virgin Megastore down on the 16th Street mall here in Denver.  On this day Slim and his band set up and played outside in the courtyard next too it.  In view of the escalator and the Banana Republic store.

The Auto Club was playing to promote their new album Always Say Please And Thank You.  Their performance features many songs from that album and some older classics.  I think the sound is really nice on this one.  Enjoy!


Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Virgin Record Megastore
Denver, CO (USA)
2000-09-12

Recorded & Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 (Analog) > SBLive > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (53:33.02)

01 Viceroy Filter King
02 Goddamn Blue Yodel Number 7
03 Last Song About Satan
04 Hold My Head
05 My Only Friend
06 Mothers Daughter
07 Pine Box
08 Jesus Christ
09 Jackson's Hole
10 Kristin And Billy
11 Cold Cold Eyes
12 Little Earthquake
13 Unto The Day




No comments:

Post a Comment