Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Perfect Circle live in Denver, CO 2000-09-01

A Perfect Circle on tour four their first album back in 2000.  Way sold out if I recall.
My first wife wanted to go to this show so I got tickets.  I was a fan of Tool but not a huge fan.  Especially since they had started playing arenas by now and I just don't care for giant shows like that most of the time.
Hell this venue is on the about the limit of venue size that I care for.

I had heard the APC album too and didn't hate it but it didn't blow my skirt up either.  Night of the show she decided that she didn't want to go.  No way I wanted to eat the cost of the tickets and frankly I wanted to get out of the house.  Ended up selling her ticket out front for the most over face value that I have every gotten.  Dude was hot to trot to get into the show.

Anyway this isn't the best recording I've ever made but is hardly the worst.  I think the biggest problem with it is that it sounds like the Fillmore.  Big and boomy, filled up with a bunch of yahoos.   Still it's very listenable especially during the less bombastic songs.  It is what it is.  The Cure / Ozzy cover is like chocolate and peanut butter.  Just born to go together.  Enjoy.

A Perfect Circle

Fillmore Auditorium
Denver, CO (USA)
2000-09-01

Recorded & Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 (Analog) > SBLive > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (62:21.18)

01 intro
02 Magdalena
03 The Hollow
04 Sleeping Beauty
05 Orestes
06 Breña
07 Thomas
08 Thinking of You
09 Rose
10 Renholdër
11 3 Libras
12 Diary of a Lovesong (Ozzy / The Cure)
13 Over
14 Judith




No comments:

Post a Comment