Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Eddie and the Hot Rods @ The Hi Dive Denver, CO (USA) - 2014-10-16


People forget that a lot of the first "punk rock" albums were all on major labels.  Eddie and the Hot Rods were on Island Records.  Future home of U2 and many others.  While a real undercurrent of new and fresh music was happening some of it was just rock and roll repackaged.  This isn't a dig on EATHR.  They were/are a great rock n roll band.  I think the punk label scared people away.  These guys should have been way bigger.

They are another band that barely ever gets over to the USA so when I heard they were going to tour over here I knew I need to check it out.

I think this recording turned out really nice.  The Hi Dive is quickly becoming my favorite sounding room in Denver.  Enjoy.



Eddie and the Hot Rods

The Hi Dive
Denver, CO (USA) - 2014-10-16

Recorded and Mastered by SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC
Run time: (62:58.23)

01 Bad Time Again
02 Life on the Line
03 Teenage Depression
04 Telephone Girl
05 All I Need Is Money
06 Better Without You
07 Why Should I Care?
08 You Better Run (The Young Rascals)
09 96 Tears (? and the Mysterians)
10 High Society
11 Hard Driving Man (J. Geils Band)
12 Do Anything You Wanna Do
13 Gloria (Them)
14 - encore -
15 Get Out of Denver (Bob Seger)
16 Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf)

 
LINK TO FLAC DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment