Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Steve Turner (Mudhoney) @ Larimer Lounge, Denver CO 2003-11-21


Continuing on the the Mudhoney theme a bit.  Here is a on from even before those last Mudhoney shows I posted.  Steve Turner the guitarist from Mudhoney has put out a several solo albums.  This show was from a tour supporting the first one that he had put out.  Good stuff and not very much like Mudhoney at all.  More in the singer/song writer vein.

This might be stripped down and acoustic but Steve has a unique way of playing that even on an acoustic guitar still retains that grungey flavor.  He is kind of chatty too.  Talking about subjects ranging from Skate Folk, Hoyt Axton, and Randy Holden who was a guitar player from Blue Cheer.

This is recorded right off the soundboard at the Larimer Lounge and I think sounds great.  Not sure why I have never shared this out before.  But here it is.  Enjoy.

Steve Turner

Larimer Lounge
Denver, CO (USA)
2003-11-21

Recorded and Mastered by: SxPxDxCx
Source: SBD > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: MD-MZ-R700 (Analog) > SBLive > Cooledit > CDWave > CDR > FLAC
Time: (47:08.40)

01 - intro -
02 Living Though the Mistakes
03 Not Only You
04 The I-5 Corridor
05 - Skate Folk interlude -
06 Searching For Melody
07 Smart Operator
08 I Want You In My Arms
09 - Hoyt Axton interlude -
10 Greenback Dollar (Hoyt Axton)
11 You, My Girl
12 A Beautiful Winter
13 Move Ahead
14 The idiot Blues
15 - Randy Holden interlude 1 -
16 I Love the Sound of My Guitar
17 - Randy Holden interlude 2 -
18 Take Care
19 The Parting Glass

 
LINK TO FLAC DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment