Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Modest Mouse @ Fillmore, Denver CO, 2001-10-10


Like a lot of people I probably caught wind of Modest Mouse when the Lonesome Crowded West album came out.  I didn't see them live until this show.  They were on tour for their new album at the time The Moon and Antarctica when the came to the Fillmore in Denver.

I seem to recall there being another taper at the show and I believe he let me share his mic stand.  I think we were setup right behind the main soundboard area in the middle of the Fillmore.
Not a lot of crowd noise on this at all.  Very enjoyable listen.  The Fillmore can be pretty hit or miss sound wise but they had it dialed in on this night.

Really amazing set list I think.  When I originally recorded this I had no idea what the song was for tracks 11 and 20.  Now after a fresh transfer from my masters and a closer look.  Those tracks are both takes on a song called Spilled Milk Factory that ended up being on Brock's other band Caustic Casanova's only release that came out the next year in 2002.  There is another odd detour at the end of Cowboy Day that I had previously split off as it's own track.  Is it an improv or part of another song I am just not sure.

Enjoy.

Modest Mouse

The Fillmore
Denver CO (USA) 
2001-10-10

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (100:17.47) 

01 Neverending Math Equation
02 Broke
03 3rd Planet
04 A Life Of Arctic Sounds
05 Doin' The Cockroach
06 Paper Thin Walls
07 Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
08 Trailer Trash
09 Custom Concern
10 I Came As A Rat
11 Spilled Milk Factory (Ugly Casanova)
12 Interstate 8
13 Teeth Like God's Shoe Shine
14 Lives
15 Out Of Gas
16 Wild Pack of Family Dogs
17 Talkin' Shit About a Pretty Sunset
18 Cowboy Dan
19 Breakthrough
20 Spilled Milk Factory (reprise) (Ugly Casanova)

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

1 comment: