Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Joe Bonamassa @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2007-01-27

 

I've enjoyed a lot of blues music over the years.  But I would consider myself a blues tourist for the most part.  I like to visit but I don't want to live there year round.  Which is how I found myself at Joe Bonamassa back in 2007.  I had never heard of him but my friend Twister talked me into coming out.

Not knowing how popular he was the show sold out and since my friend was already inside I paid a scalpers price and got in.  Joe was taper friendly at the time so we flew our mics on a tall stand right in front of the FOH area.  Sounds really great I think.  He gets really quite a few times during his set and the crowd was so into it there is minimal chatter.  

I'm not sure why I have never posted this up until now.  I took a look in the archive and had started to track it out back in February of 2007 and just gave up.  Sites like Setlist.fm make it so much easier to figure out what was played these days.  Also the tourist thing.  I was more interested in posting stuff that I was really into.  

Joe has moved on to much bigger venues since 2007.  I would be surprised if he ever plays a venue as intimate as the Bluebird again.  He does a lot of covers in the set.  I'm not familiar enough with his catalog to know how his song selection rates to a fan.  Like I said this sounds really nice so please enjoy.


Joe Bonamassa

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2007-01-27

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > JB3 
Transfer: JB3 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (102:17.47)

01 Just Got Paid (ZZ Top)
02 Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)
03 Walk in My Shadow (Free)
04 So Many Roads 
05 Mountain Time
06 Bridge To Better Days
07 A New Day Yesterday (Jethro Tull)
08 Spoonful
09 Miss You, Hate You
10 Woke Up Dreaming
11 Django
12 Had To Cry Today (Blind Faith)
13 - drum solo -
14 Heart of the Sunrise (Yes)
15 Starship Trooper (Yes)
16 Asking Around for You


No comments:

Post a Comment