Wednesday, June 28, 2023

X @ The Coach House, San Juan Capistrano CA. 1985-09-15

 


Here is another cassette from the Kat Georges archive.  This time an uncirculated X show from 1985 at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano California.   Kat's tape and J card were undated so I'm not 100% sure of the 15th being correct.   On setlist FM they list a September 13th show in San Diego, and a September 14th show in Irvine.   There is a poster for that one.


So I think it is safe to assume that this Coach House show was on the 15th or sometime shortly there after.  The sound quality is not good.  It's a rough listen and what I would call a big fan only recording.  Interesting setlist with a fair about of banter from John and Excene.  Even though the quality is poor it is an uncirculated recording and I figured I would get it out into the world.



X

The Coach House
San Juan Capistrano CA (USA)
1985-09-15

Red Hot Chili Peppers & Channel 3 opened the show.

Recorded: Kat Georges
Transfered and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Panasonic RQ-J36 > cassette 
Transfer: cassette > PT-649D > AAE-9 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (87:49.27)

01 - intro -
02 Love Shack (Knitters)
03 We're Having Much More Fun
04 Los Angeles
05 White Girl
06 I'll Stand Up for You
07 The Hungry Wolf
08 Year 1
09 Burning House Of Love
10 Supercharged
11 The New World
12 My Soul Cries Your Name
13 In This House That I Call Home
14 Because I Do
15 Blue Spark
16 My Goodness
17 Breathless (Otis Blackwell)
18 Motel Room in My Bed
19 We're Desperate
20 Wild Thing (Chip Taylor)
21 - encore -
22 Johny Hit and Run Paulene
23 What's Wrong with Me
24 Soul Kitchen (The Doors)
25 Poor Girl
26 Your Phone's Off the Hook, But You're Not


No comments:

Post a Comment