Sunday, July 23, 2023

Steel Pole Bathtub @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 1993-06-20

 





Big thanks to the incredibly prolific taper ijwthstd for all the audio he has recorded and shared with the world over the years.  Check out his site HERE.  He posted this show from an unknown taper that I knew would be of some interest to some Colorado folks.  I knew I freaked out a little bit when I saw it on his site.   So many things get recorded but not so many shows get widely disseminated so you just never know what is going to surface.

I was busy being married with children in the early 90s so I missed lots of show that I wanted to see.  This one would have been on my radar since I saw lots of shows at the Fox.  What a line up!!
Steel Pole Bathtub, Ethyl Meat Plow, and locals Foreskin 500!!   Thanks to Ted Underhill for the pic of the ticket stub.  The most certainly were on tour for their album "The Miracle Of Sound In Motion".

The source of this recording is a soundboard feed.  Mostly likely the FOH mix.  Meaning there is less guitar in the mix and more drums and vocals since the guitars are blaring out of amps on stage and don't need to be in the house mix as much.  I recall there being a patch bay behind FOH the Fox sometimes back then.  Many a board recording from the Fox.   I think this sounds good for what it is but I love me a room recording with a little more crowd feel.   Terrific relic of the time though.  Enjoy.



Steel Pole Bathtub

Fox Theatre
Boulder CO (USA)
1993-06-20

Recorded by: ? 
Presented by: SxPxDxCx
Source: Soundboard > Cassette (unknown gen) > CDRW700 
Transfer: EAC > Soundforge > FLAC
Time: (62:35)

01 Borstal
02 Bozeman
03 Sister
04 Ray
05 594
06 Hey Bo Diddley
- encore -
07 Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride
08 - interview -


No comments:

Post a Comment