Friday, April 5, 2024

Possessed by Paul James @ Hi Dive, Denver CO, 2023-06-08

 







I've seen Possessed by Paul James multiple times over the years and he is always so good.  I guess it's folk blues for lack of a better description.  He's got a big powerful voice and plays several different instruments through out.  No setlist worked off of hollered requests or what he was feeling.  I yelled out for "Take Off Your Mask" and he plays it late in the set and remarks that he hadn't played it forever.

He had his young son along with him on tour.  Sitting there at the merch table while his dad was playing.   Konrad speaks too him, and about him, during the set.  I thought it was really charming and funny.  He didn't seem to mortified. 

Sounds really nice I think.  It's a bar show so there is some side chatter and what not but powerful performance through out.  He is so humble and nice he apologizes for only playing an 85 minute jam packed requests set for us.  It was the perfect amount. 

Go find Possessed by Paul James, and other independent artist that you enjoy, and support their art.  Buy their stuff.  Go see them live.  Go Do Some Good.   

Enjoy.

Possessed by Paul James

Hi Dive 
Denver CO (USA)
2023-06-08

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > M10 
Transfer: M10 > USB > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (84:57.16)

01 - intro -
02 Four Men From the Row
03 Shoulda' Known Better
04 Feed the Family (false start)
05 Feed the Family
06 Cold And Blind
07 Ferris Wheel
08 There Will Be Nights When I'm Lonely
09 Color of My Bloody Nose
10 Come Back in My Mind
11 I Come From SW Florida
12 Songs We Used To Sing
13 Sweet But Bitter Life
14 Older in My Body
15 Take Off Your Mask
16 Hurricane
17 When It Breaks


No comments:

Post a Comment