Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paul Westerberg live @ the Ogden, Denver CO, 2005-03-03


"You're Uncivilized Heathens!!  You deserve nothing but bone crunching stupid rock"  Paul Westerberg

So here is another recording presented in anticipation of Riot Fest coming to Denver this weekend.  With the Replacements headlining on Saturday night!  Paul Westerberg live at the Ogden Theater in Denver Colorado on March 3rd 2005.

Back then this was as close I as I figured I'd ever get to seeing the Replacements.  Good set list of old and new tunes.  Both from his solo releases and the Replacements.

One note about this recording is that it is incomplete.  The original WAV files disapeared from my hard drives and backups.  This got shared online back in 2005 and I burned a few CDRs for some people.  If anyone has it in the original FLAC format or has it on CDRs that where burned from FLACs please let me know.  I would love to have a complete version of this.

That being said the 3 songs that are missing aren't a huge lose and don't effect the enjoyment of the show.

Paul Westerberg's band included Kevin Bowe on guitar, Jim Boquist on bass, and Michael Bland on drums.

About the cover picture.  That is from this show.  Paul dropped his pants for some reason later in the night.

Enjoy

Paul Westerberg

Ogden Theater
Denver, CO
2005-03-03

Taped and Transferred by SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 > JB3
Transfer: JB3 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC

01 Merry Go Round
02 Someone Take the Wheel
03 Live Forever (Billy Joe Shaver)
04 Makin' Me Go
05 Let The Bad Times Roll
06 As Far As I Know
07 Kiss Me on the Bus
08 AAA
09 Mr Rabbit
10 Achin' To Be
11 Once Around The Weekend
12 Knockin' On Mine
13 High Time
14 Little Mascara
X  Born For Me
X  Valentine
X  Psychopharmacology
15 Lush and Green
16 Swingin' Party (Paul solo)
17 How Can You Like Him?
18 - interlude -
19 What a Day (For a Night)
20 Love Untold
21 Waitress In The Sky
22 Skyway
23 I Think I Love You (Partridge Family)
24 If I Had A Hammer
25 Can't Hardly Wait
26 Folk Star
27 - encore -
28 When Will We Arrive?
29 Alex Chilton
30 Left of the Dial

X = These songs were played but I was unable to extract them from the CDR copy of the show that I have.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul dropped his pants to show his quadricep bandage. Great show.

    ReplyDelete