Sunday, June 12, 2016

Too Tall Dan Blowing Some Harmonica. R.I.P. Dan Utter





Not a post that I wanted to make for sure.  It's been a few months since Dan passed and he is very much missed by myself and his many friends and family.  He was a big presence and won't soon be forgotten.

I tried to get started on this compilation of Dan sitting in with various people not long after he passed but it was just to hard to revisit those memories at the time.  This weekend it felt like it was time and I enjoyed hearing my old friend do one of the things he loved the most.  Playing the harmonica.

He was a friendly gregarious dude so he had gotten to know a lot of musicians over the years.  He got to sit in and blow harp with lots and lots of people.  This small comp doesn't even scratch the surface.  I went though my archive of live recordings and pulled out what I though were some nice sounding examples of Dan doing his thing.  Even if you didn't know my friend Dan there are some nice tracks here with Jon Snodgrass from Drag The River, Cory Branan, Michael Dean Dameron, Bryan Hartley, and Lenny Lashley.  Enjoy.


Too Tall Dan Blowing Some Harmonica
R.I.P. Dan Utter

01 Bryan Hartley - Calhoun City
02 Jon Snodgrass - Oxes and Horses
03 Cory Branan - Sour Mash
04 Michael Dean Damron - Westboro Baptist Church
05 Devils Backbone Revival - Wagon Wheel
06 Cory Branan - Tame
07 Jon Snodgrass - Calloused Heart No2
08 Michael Dean Damron - Gone
09 Lenny Lashley - Two Robbers


1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 Recorded at Three Kings Tavern, Denver CO
5 Recorded and the Contenental Club, Denver CO

1 - 2011-09-22
2,3,7 - 2009-05-07
4,8 - 2012-04-21
5 - 2008-07-06
6,9 - 2010-12-17

Recorded and Mastered by: SxPxDxCx
Source : MBHO KA-500N > JKLabs / Niaant Littlebox > M10 / JB3
Transfer: M10 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC > MP3

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment