Saturday, June 18, 2016

Steely Dan @ Red Rocks, Morrison CO, 2016-06-13






I can appreciate that Steely Dan is a great band, and Steve Winwood who opened, but it's just not the kind of music I listen to on a regular basic.  Nor are these kind of concerts where you would normally find me.

A good friend called me months ago and floated the idea of me tagging along on for this one and I figured why not.  I had never seen Steely Dan or Steve Winwood.  Red Rocks is always an amazing experience too.

Well I definitely got more than I had bargained for in the experience department at this show.  About 15 minutes into Steve Winwood's set it started raining.  It had been intermittently sprinkling on and off all afternoon so not a big surprise.  Then it started coming down really hard and a man came on the stage and said "the show isn't canceled but you should go seek shelter right now".  Then it started hailing.  For about 15 minutes straight.  Marble to pea sized in general.  Not fun.  We hunkered down and waited for it to blow over.  I got totally soaked.  On the plus side it stayed pretty warm after the weather blew over.

Recording at Red Rocks can be tough.  After the weather blew through we were blessed with a totally calm night with damp heavy air.  That contributed to some great acoustics.  Even though I wasn't very close I think this turned out really nice.  Enjoy!!

Steely Dan

Red Rocks Amphitheater
Morrison, CO (USA)
2016-05-13

Recorded and Mastered by: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Cooledit > CDWave > FLAC > MP3
Run time: (117:21.19)

01 November Afternoon
02 Black Cow
03 Aja
04 Hey Nineteen
05 Black Friday
06 Show Biz Kids
07 Kid Charlemagne
08 Two Against Nature
09 Razor Boy
10 Bodhisattva
11 Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More
12 Babylon Sisters
13 I Want To (Do Everything for You)
14 Josie
15 Peg
16 My Old School
17 Reelin' in the Years
18 - encore -
19 Pretzel Logic
20 The Untouchables

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

  1. Wow yu da man thanks for these great shows I am sure i will be visiting your blog some more.

    ReplyDelete