Saturday, March 24, 2018

Slayer @ Mammoth Events Center, Denver CO, 1991-01-19



Here is another tape out of the Lantz box.  I was excited about this tape particularly since I had been to this show.  Way before I was recording shows myself so it was fun to relive it.

Once again Lantz did a great job with the gear he had.  Sounds to me like a fix position recording. He was able to set his tape deck down somewhere and not move it.  Barely any phasing or other changes in tone.  Really nice tape of this era of Slayer.

This show happened days after the start of the first Gulf War in Iraq.  Tom mentions it in intro to a few of the songs.  Tom is extra chatty and there are many a classic piece of stage banter from him on this.  Band it tight as hell and the set list is top notch.  Raining Blood right into Black Magic!!!!

I recall it was below zero freezing in Denver the night of this.  Just brutal.  Tom mentions that too.
Testament opened.

Enjoy

Slayer

Mammoth Event Center
Denver CO (USA )
1991-01-19

Recorded: Lantz Barbour
Transfered and Mastered:SxPxDxCx
Source: Realistic SCP-29 > cassette
Transfer: cassette > line-in > Adobe Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Run time: (92:41.71)

01 Raining Blood
02 Black Magic
03 War Ensemble
04 Blood Red
05 Postmortem
06 Skeletons of Society
07 Seasons in the Abyss
08 Die by the Sword
09 Dead Skin Mask
10 Spirit in Black
11 Expendable Youth
12 Born of Fire
13 Mandatory Suicide
14 Captor of Sin
15 Chemical Warfare
16 - encore -
17 South of Heaven
18 - give me the fucking banner -
19 Angel of Death (end fades out)
20 Kerry King KCSU station ID

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, couldn't edit! Should have previewed...
      I actually taped them 10 days earlier, Jan 9 1991 in Vancouver BC, with a Sony WM D3. Just got to transferring the tapes this month! Coming soon....
      Gonna grab this to compare before I share. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! I'll keep and eye out for it.

      Delete
  2. Saw this tour twice in Chicago, taped them in Tinley Park on Clash of the Titans. Thanks again! I also used a WM-D3, my trusty old tool that is now retired.

    ReplyDelete