Friday, March 16, 2018

Sonic Youth @ Red Rocks, Morrison CO, 1992-09-21


This is kind of exciting for me.  I went to this show back in 92 way before I was making recordings of shows or had even thought that it was something I would do.

I met Lantz at a Drive Like Jehu show a few years about and he might have mentioned that he had some tapes.  I can't recall.  A couple years later he emails me saying he has a box of live cassette tapes and wanted to know if I could do some transfers.

He had a bunch of great stuff from the late 80s early 90s including this Sonic Youth show at Rec Rocks.  So I agreed to take on the project.  Watch out for a bunch of posts from this box of tapes in the near future.

I recall that I went to see this show mostly because I was a big Primus fan at the time.  They were touring behind Seas Of Cheese still. But I was curious to see all the bands.  I recall being pretty blown away by Sonic Youth.  Super fun to be able to relive that show after so many years.

Latnz did a really nice job capturing this show.  Which is not always so easy at Red Rocks.  Enjoy.


Sonic Youth

Red Rocks
Morrison CO (USA)
1992-09-21

Recorded: Lantz Barbour
Transfered and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Realistic SCP-29 > 1st gen cassette
Transfer: cassette > line-in > Adobe Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Run time: (68:33)

01 100%
02 Kool Thing
03 Shoot
04 Teenage Riot
05 Sugar Kane
06 Genetic
07 Theresa’s Sound-World
08 Youth against Fascism
09 - anti Amendment 2 talk -
10 Swimsuit Issue
11 Drunken Butterfly
12 White Kross
13 - encore break -
14 JC
15 - interlude -
16 Expressway
17 Nic Fit (Untouchables)

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment