Saturday, December 21, 2019

Slim Cessna's Auto Club @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2001-12-31



















Photo Credit: Sherry Crawford

Oh man Slim Cessna's Auto Club are coming up on the 20th anniversary of their annual New Year's Eve show.  Where did the time go.  The first was in 1999 at the Gothic Theater.  This year it is going to be a the Hi Dive.  I've made it to quite a few over the years.  At least one of the 2 nights usually.  

I missed the 1999 show because my wife at the time was scared by all the Y2K horseshit and I wasn't allowed to go.   Going to try and make the 30th show this year.  Have other plans for NYE.

Hadn't listened to this 2001 show in a long time.  I think it sounds pretty nice.  I can't remember where I setup for this but crown noise and chattiness is fairly minimal.  And what a set list.  Lost of old school classics in this one.   The opened with my favorite Last Song About Satan but I must not have been ready to hit record and I missed all of that and the beginning of Cranston City Sinner.

Big thanks to Sherry Crawford for letting my post her photos of this event.  It was an epic NYE.

Enjoy

Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2001-12-31

Recorded and Mastered SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 (Analog) > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (111:17.14) 

 - Last Song About Satan -
01 Cranston City Sinner (fades in)
02 Hold My Head
03 Kristen And Billy
04 Port Authority Band
05 - Happy New Year -
06 Goddamn Blue Yodel #7
07 Jesus Christ
08 Cold Cold Eyes
09 Viceroy Filter King
10 Pine Box
11 Mother's Daughter
12 Thorny Crown
13 My Only Friend
14 -Slim gives thanks -
15 Death Ain't You Got No Shame
16 Shady Lane
17 Lethal Injection
18 Unto the Day (fades in)
19 - encore 1 -
20 Still The One - Shania Twain (Slim solo)
21 Sometimes I Wonder (Slim mostly solo)
22 - band introduction -
23 She Is Mine
24 Little Earthquake
25 Frauline
26 - encore 2 -
27 Hold My Head (reprise)

No comments:

Post a Comment