Sunday, April 5, 2020

Mojo Nixon @ LODO Music Fest, Denver CO, 2000-07-07


Any chance I get to see Mojo Nixon I take it.  This time back in 2000 it was at the AT&T LODO Music Fest.  It was a fest that ran in downtown Denver for about 10 years.  Mostly I didn't care all that much about the fairly mainstream line ups but in 2000 the had Mojo and Southern Culture on the Skids.  It was  must see.

The year before Mojo had played at the Lion's Lair.   

Posted here - Mojo Nixon at the Lion's Lair -
So I was excited to see him again even if it was in a big parking lot instead of a small club.

While I was waiting for Mojo to go on I was wondering around the park lot and saw Mojo in the crowd.  He was walking across the the asphalt in front of all the stages when I saw him and called out to him.  I welcomed him to Denver and he asked if we had seen him at the Lion's Lair the summer before.


I told him that I had indeed seen that show and was excited to see him preform again that night.  He then says "Some crazy fool posted that Lion's Lair show online complete with a track called "Mojo Takes A Shit" ".  I asked him if he was OK with that and he said "I don't care I'm not some asshole like Metallica!"


Then I told him that I was the person that recorded that show and showed him my recording gear.  He smiled and said that it was cool.  Then he asked me if I had any drugs.  I was not holding so we wished each other well and away he went.


Mojo was in fine form on this night and holds nothing back.  The recording sounds really nice too I think.  Fun to re-visit this one.  Enjoy.

Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors

AT&T LODO Music Festival
Denver CO (USA)
2000-07-07

Recorded and Mastered SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (65:18.09)  

01 - intro -
02 Debbie Gibson Is Pregnant With My Two Headed Love Child 
03 - It’s Ok to Swear In Colorado Again -
04 Louisiana Liplock 
05 Drunk Divorced Floozie
06 Tie My Pecker To My Leg 
07 - drummer needs a shot -
08 Football
09 Bring Me The Head Of David Geffen
10 - band introductions -
11 The Ballad of Country Dick 
12 Don Henley Must Die
13 Are You Drinking With Me Jesus
14 You Can’t Kill me
15 - encore -
16 Elvis Is Everywhere

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD



1 comment:

  1. This guy is great...and by the way, so is this site

    ReplyDelete