Friday, July 31, 2020

Lunachicks @ Adams County Fairgrounds, Brighton CO, 2000-07-09





This was the first year they held the Warped Tour at the Adams County Fairgrounds.  The year before it had been held in the parking lot of the original Mile High stadium in Denver.  I lived up in the Northern burbs back then so I was stoked that I could ride my bike to the show.

I won 6 tickets to this Warped tour because I knew that the main guy in Flogging Molly had been the singer for 80s hard rock band Fastway.  I gave 3 away to friends and kept 1 for myself.  Then I gave the others away to people waiting in line that I deemed had cool band shirts on.

The poster has Green Day listed but I'm pretty sure they didn't play on this date.  Neither did the Supersuckers.  Because I for sure would have made an effort to record both of those sets and I only have recordings of Lunachicks, Snapcase, NOFX, Long Beach Dub Allstars, The Donnas, & T.S.O.L.

I must have had a limited number of blank minidiscs because in retrospect I would have recorded a bunch of the other bands too.  I've already posted the NOFX set from this day.  Snapcase is going up soon.

This was either the last or one of the last Lunachicks shows before they went on a long hiatus.  They talk about this being their last Warped Tour show.   So I count myself lucky to have gotten to see them.  They had scheduled at reunion show for 2020 but then the pandemic has postponed that to a later date.

Recording outside is always a challenge.  Especially at a Warped tour like situation with people moshing to anything and everything.  This one sounds pretty good.  The vocals are clear but music is a little phased out in placed due to the wind.  Fun short set though.  A bunch of classic Lunachicks songs and a Cars cover thrown in for good measure.


Lunachicks

Warped Tour
Adams County Fairgrounds
Brighton CO (USA)
2000-07-09

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (32:58.31)  

01 Bad Ass Bitch
02 Luxury Problem
03 Shit.Finger.Dick (F.D.S.)
04 Dear Dottie
05 - diarrhea interlude -
06 Drop Dead
07 - thanks Warped Tour -
08 Less Teeth, More Tits
09 Crash
10 Down At The Pub
11 Just What I Needed (The Cars)
12 Shut You Out

No comments:

Post a Comment