Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Road Kings @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 1999-11-16


My entry into Jesse Dayton fandom had to have begun with his involvement with the band Supersuckers.  He played on their country album Must've Been High.  Not long after I heard that album I picked up his first solo country album Raisin' Cain.  

Outlaw country music of this sort was a staple in my house growing up.  Of course since my Mom liked it I had to rebel and get into all of the 80's rock and metal.  But I had heard all of those Waylon and Willie records and enjoyed them until I thought I was too cool.   So the music Jesse was making on that album was right up my alley while I was coming back around to those sounds.

He didn't get out of Texas much so I didn't see him with his country band until 2001.  I did catch him with his rockabilly band Road Kings when the opened up for Mike Ness at the Fox in Boulder Colorado.  Jesse is a dam fine guitar player so no mater what music style he is playing it's kick ass.

Now I don't think I could choose which I like better even.  I celebrate the man's entire catalog.

The Road Kings

Fox Theatre
Boulder CO (USA) 
1999-11-16

Recorded and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (42:07.70) 

01 Nobody Hurts Me Like My Baby
02 Hot Wired
03 Harder Than Your Heart
04 Up One Side (Down The Other)
05 Supercop - Folsom Prison Blues - Mystery Train
06 Casting My Spell
07 Hurdy Gurdy Monkey Shine
08 Gunslinger
09 Lovin' Walked Off
10 Ranch Road 2222

No comments:

Post a Comment