Sunday, August 9, 2020

Old 97s @ Fox Theatre, Boulder CO, 2001-10-05


I was a bit late to the Old 97s party.  I remember hearing their song 'Salome' on Radio 1190 in the late 90s and loving it.  I was just starting to dig into alt.country/cowpunk/american bands around then.  Recall picking up Too Far To Care or maybe Fight Songs soon after.  Been a fan ever since.

Did see them live until the tours for the Satellite Rides album.  The first time I attempted to catch them was at Tulagi in March of 2001.  Due to completely avoidable events in retrospect I missed all of their set except for the encore.  Which was amazing.

So I think this set from October of 2001 is my first complete show.  90+ minute set and tons of great songs.  I always appreciated how they would mix it up night after night.  And they have so many good songs no way they can play them all.

'The Other Shoe" is eliminated from this recording because I went to take a piss and get a drink.
There was an initial encore break after 'Big Brown Eyes' but I used that opportunity to swap out minidiscs so there is no recorded break in that place.

I know I traded this out on CDR back at the start of the aughts.  This version has all of me yelling out "Time Bomb!!" eliminated.  Some other minor edits and tweaks.  I consider this an upgrade to that CDR version.

Enjoy

Old 97s

Fox Theater
Boulder CO (USA)
2001-10-05

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (96:38.19) 

01 King Of The World
02 Barrier Reef
03 Buick City Complex
04 Crash On The Barrelhead
05 Just Like California
06 What I Wouldn't Do
07 Jagged
08 West Texas Teardrops
09 Murder Or Heart Attack
10 Doreen
11 Alone So Far
12 Up The Devils Pay
13 Oppenheimer
   The Other Shoe %
14 Nervous Guy
15 My Sweet Blue Eyed Darlin'
16 - interlude -
17 What We Talk About
18 Indefinitely
19 Roller Skate Skinny
20 Big Brown Eyes
21 Question (Rhett solo)
22 Bel Air
23 Designs On You
24 Four Leaf Clover
25 - encore break -
26 Slinky (instrumental) 
27 Stoned
28 Timebomb

% played but not on this recording

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment