Thursday, October 29, 2020

R.I.P. @ Hi Dive, Denver CO, 2017-06-16







Here is another perfect band for my October theme.  R.I.P. from Portland OR.  I guess it's doom metal but it leans into NWOBHM sounds a bit too.  They are one of those bands who while being serious about what they are doing they don't take themselves too seriously as to drain all the fun out of it.

When they came on stage at this show the singer comes on stage and says "We're R.I.P., We came down from Portland to dig your fucking grave!!"  He has a big scythe for a mic stand.  They all dress the metal part.  Heavy catchy songs about going to hell, caskets, graves, street drugs, and black leather.

Live they are a lot of fun.  This was my first time seeing them back in the summer of 2017 at the Electric Funeral Fest.  They came back again the next year too.  

As always if you dig this go support the artists I post on here and lets help keep independent music alive for the future when we can go out and see shows again together.  R.I.P. have a great new album out called Dead End on Riding Easy Records.  Go pick that shit up.  It's fucking rad.


R.I.P.

Electric Funeral Fest 2017
Hi Dive
Denver CO
2017-06-16

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source : MBHO KA-200N > Niaant IPAs > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Adobe Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (31:25.00)

01 Brimstone
02 The Casket
03 Tremble
04 Street Reaper
05 In The Wind
06 Black Leather


No comments:

Post a Comment