Friday, January 22, 2021

Blood Incantation @ Syntax Psychic Opera, Denver CO, 2018-11-30






A good indication of how much I miss going to show is that while reviewing this recording to post I listened to the "intro" track multiple times.   It's just some brief ambient sounds and the chatter of the crowd excited for the band to play.  Took me right back to standing in the crowd at Syntax waiting for Blood Incantation to start.  It made me both happy and sad at the same time.  

This night had a killer line up.  Blood Incantation, Thou, and Lingua Ignota.  I feel like I'm forgetting one other band.  I can't find a flyer though.   

I loved seeing metal shows at Syntax for the short while that happened before it closed.  Nice small cozy room with the stage backed by a red velvet back wall surrounded by vaudeville lights.  Plus it was just a short walk from my place. 

Short but sweet set from Blood Incantation this night.  They played 2 songs of the then upcoming Hidden History Of The Human Race album and closed with and almost 20 minute long version of The Vitrification Of Blood.  It was fucking amazing.

Go buy stuff from Blood Incantation and any of your favorite bands right now.  No touring has really cut into many artists livelihoods and they could use any support you can send their way.

Enjoy

Blood Incantation

Syntax Psychic Opera
Denver CO (USA)
2018-11-30

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: AT933 >SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Transfer: M10 > USB > Adobe Audition > CDWave > FLAC > MP3
Run time: (37:43.42)

01 - intro -
02 Slave Species of the Gods
03 Giza Power Plant
04 - Happy Birthday Brady -
05 The Vitrification Of Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment