Thursday, January 14, 2021

Mogwai @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2001-06-03



So much reminiscing going on these days with all live music on hold for the moment.  There has been some hopeful talk about music returning this fall.  Fingers crossed.  Might be 2022 before we see a new normal.

One of the shows I have been thinking about recently was this June 2001 Denver appearance of Scottish post rock band Mogwai.  They were on tour for Rock Action so we get a good number of tunes from that and 99's Come On Die Young.  And an early version of Black Spider that was called Big E at the time.

I was still pretty new to recording live audio at this time but I've always been really happy with how this turned out.  It can be tough with a band like Mogwai that has a very quite to loud dynamic.  Amazingly quiet and respectful crowd for the most part too.  That has been missed at some shows in the not to recent past with really chatty crowds.  I don't get it but I would love to even be at a show with a crowd full of talkers right about now.

I'm sure I traded this out on CDR to some degree.  That was right towards the end of that era but I've never shared it on here or in a torrent.  Thinking about it now I might have shared this on a P2P sight as MP3s.  So long ago.

This is a fresh transfer from the masters.  I tweaked  the levels a little bit and there is new tracking and tagging.  Cleaned up the drop outs.  I consider this an upgrade the that CDR version.

While I was double checking the track list and seeing if this show was out there already I found what must be the either the CDR or MP3 version.  Check it out if you like.


Enjoy

------------------------------

Mogwai

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2001-06-03

Recorded and Presented: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC 
Time: (83:47.14)  

01 Black Spider
02 You Don't Know Jesus
03 New Paths to Helicon, Pt. 2
04 Ex-Cowboy
05 Cody
06 D to E
07 New Paths to Helicon, Pt. 1
08 Secret Pint
09 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
10 - encore -
11 My Father, My King

No comments:

Post a Comment