Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Deftones @ Fillmore, Denver CO, 2000-12-12

Wow so it's the 20th anniversary of Deftones White Pony.  Time sure does fly.  I've never shared this Deftones recording from the White Pony tour.  Now seems like a perfect time.

I remember already being down on the Fillmore as a venue back them.  They had cleaned it up from the Mammoth Event Center days but it was, and still is to some degree a big boomy barn that wasn't intended for super loud rock shows.  And sure enough this recording sounds like the Fillmore. 

So I wasn't excited that the show was going to be here.  Especially after seeing the band at the Ogden multiple times.  Always more fun at a smaller venue.  But I can't begrudge a band for getting bigger.  More power to them. 

By this time they were all over the radio and the general music listening audience was into the band too and I recall thinking that the crowd was terrible at the time.  Full of KBPI listeners I remember describing it to a friend.  He knew what I was talking about.  I might have just been being an cranky jaded elitist that night too.

Because of that I kind of had a low regard for this recording.  So I never revisited it until recently. And while it's not my best it's listenable.  The vocals clip a little bit when Chino is doing his full on crazy high pitched thing.  But still the music sounds decent and if your a big fan you should get a kick out of it.

Somewhere in the mists of time I decided to record over the minidisc that Taproot's set and the Deftones encore were on.  I looked and I have no CD copy that I could find.  So 7 Words with the Weezer cover stuck in there is missing.  It is what it is.


Deftones

The Fillmore
Denver CO (USA)
2000-12-12

Recorded and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (80:23.16)

01 - intro -
02 Korea
03 Feiticeira
04 Around The Fur
05 My Own Summer (Shove It)
06 Root
07 Bored
08 Change (In The House Of Flies)
09 Back To School (Mini Maggit)
10 Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
11 MX
12 Digital Bath
13 Teenager
14 Knife Party
15 - Lotion intro -
16 Lotion
17 - Head Up intro -
18 Head Up
19 - interlude -
20 Subliminal (Suicidal Tendencies)
21 Engine No9 (end cut)
-- 7 Words > Say It Ain't So > 7 Words

-- songs played but missing

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment