Friday, June 26, 2020

Original Sinners @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2002-08-22


August 22nd 2002 was a marathon concert day.  1st up was Ozzfest at the Pepsi Center with the 2nd stage in the parking lot.  Which I didn't record any of.  I think I caught Hatebreed and Down on the 2nd stage.  Inside my friend Tom's job had a box but it was side stage with not a great view.  We hung out in there and watched Black Label Society, Tommy Lee, maybe Adema.  Then we went up into the nose bleeds to watch Rob Zombie and System of a Down. 

I split before Ozzy to head to the Bluebird to catch Exene Cervenka's (from X) aughts sideband Original Sinners.  Which is presented below.  I did record her set.

Then after that I made it to Cricket on the Hill and caught whoever was playing there.  Crimson Haybailer maybe.  It was a long time ago.  Big live music day.

The Original Sinners are a pretty straight ahead rock n roll band.  Bit of a twangy punk edge too.
Fun stuff.  They put out two records before calling it quits.

Exene thanks the crowd for skipping Ozzy to come see her.  Really good set I think.  I enjoyed revisiting this one.


Original Sinners

Bluebird Theater
Denver, CO (USA)
2002-08-22

Recorded and Mastered SxPxDxCx
Source: Coresound CSB's > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (42:08.03) 

01 Alligator Teeth
02 Whos Laughin' Now
03 Birds And Bees
04 Suitcase
05 Bringin' Me Down
06 Long Distance
07 Whiskey For Supper
08 - instrumental -
09 Aluminum Flavored Honey
10 Pretty
11 Tick Tock
12 Because I Do (X)
13 Woke Up This Mornin'
14 One Too Many Lies
15 - encore -
16 Mourning After
17 River City

LINK TO MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment