Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Kings X @ Bluebird Theater, Denver CO, 2002-06-19


If your a Kings X fan and you came here hoping for a show with them preforming their hit "Over My Head" you're in for a disappointment.   You hear some guy in the crowd yell out for it about halfway though but the band never plays it.  Maybe they were tired of that number. 

I'm not a big fan so I don't have any other King's X live experience to compare it to but from I remember this was a good show.  I was hitting about 200 shows a year in the early aughts so I was going to catch anything and everything.  Including this so some of these shows are a bit of a blur.

I ran my friend Bill's MBHO rig for this.  Must have used a stand but can't recall.  I ended up buying that gear from him a few years later.  As a result I think this sounds really nice.

If you had this from back in the CDR trading days this is a fresh transfer from the masters.  Cleaned up a bit, re-tracked and tagged.  Enjoy.


Kings X

Bluebird Theater
Denver CO (USA)
2002-06-19

Recorded and Mastered: SxPxDxCx
Source: MBHO KA-200N > JK Labs DVC-V12 > Sharp 722 minidisc
Transfer: Sony MDS-JE330 > UAC222 > Audition > CDWave > FLAC
Time: (134:25.70)

01 Groove Machine
02 The Train
03 Higher Than God
04 What Is This?
05 Sometime
06 Believe
07 Manic Moonlight
08 Dogman
09 King
10 Lost in Germany
11 Static
12 She's Gone Away
13 Marsh Mellow Field
14 Smudge
15 Out of the Silent Planet
16 The Big Picture (fades out)
17 Cigarettes
18 Talk to You
19 Vegetable
20 We Were Born to Be Loved
21 Looking for Love
22 Summerland
23 Moanjam

No comments:

Post a Comment